Share Calculator issue

Phil Pifer
Phil Pifer Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Quicken Mac 5.9.2 - for two months now I've had a recurring issue:  Brokerage account reinvest dividend transactions downloaded online show the proper $, shares, and price information but do not seem to trigger a share balance recalculation increasing the shares for that purchase.  Instead, the share balance column for that transaction is entirely blank (see screenshot).  Changing anything in the transaction (shares or $), saving it, and changing it back to the accurate entry fixes the issue - but it is getting time consuming to do this every time.  It is happening every time with transactions downloaded from a Pershing custodial brokerage account, in case the problem may be broker-specific.  I am watching my other brokerage accounts to see if the problem occurs across brokerages.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    If the go to the Portfolio view for your account and click on the reveal triangle next to the security in question, you should see all your purchases and reinvestments.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I got a similar problem with Wells Fargo Brokerage account. I purchased AMZN shared at two separate dates, in August and in December. The "Transactions" view of the account correctly shows both downloaded transactions, but the "Portfolio" view only displays and calculates the August transaction (as if the December transaction is missing). The cash amount shows correctly though in both views.
    Opening the disclosure triangle on the security in Portfolio view only shows the earlier transaction.
    This only happens for this specific security for me; other securities show multiple transactions in both views correctly.
    Just like for the original author, modifying the transaction manually fixed the issue (I changed the number of shares to something else, then back to the correct value - if it matters).
This discussion has been closed.