Vanguard Download Fails - Error OL 304

Salvelinus
Salvelinus Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Using Q2019 v R17.6 build 27.1.17.6 with Windows 10; trying to download transactions for Vanguard account. Worked fine a week ago but now I receive error OL304. The Vanguard account is not closed; and I can see the balances and activity on the Vanguard web site but its invisible to Quicken. Deleted online access in Quicken and tried to re-establish but no success. When Q attempts to connect with Vanguard on setup there is no response whatever.

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    FYI, I just updated Vanguard accounts without issue.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
  • Sandra K Williams
    Sandra K Williams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Last year Vanguard Changed its account access policy to a two step security sign on procedure.  Clients that accepted this sign on procedure were warned that their automatic downloads of transactions using Software like Quicken would no longer work because Vanguard would not recognize be programmed to handle  Vanguards second step.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Last year Vanguard Changed its account access policy to a two step security sign on procedure.  Clients that accepted this sign on procedure were warned that their automatic downloads of transactions using Software like Quicken would no longer work because Vanguard would not recognize be programmed to handle  Vanguards second step.

Thanks for posting. I had forgotten that notification.
  • Salvelinus
    Salvelinus Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    GeoffG said:
    Thanks. I had reviewed that previously. The Vanguard account is not closed - it's very active. And the recommended process of deleting the Vanguard account and re-establishing doesn't work, either. When I attempt to set up the account, Quicken contacts Vanguard, and then there is nothing. Tried again today (1/4); same result.
  • Salvelinus
    Salvelinus Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

Yes, I remember that posting. But the download was working until December 30. Nevertheless, with that posting in mind, I changed my sign-on procedure to eliminate the two-step authentication, but the result is the same. Furthermore, I also changed my password on Vanguard (and in Q's password vault), and that had no effect either.

• Salvelinus
    Salvelinus Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

FYI, I just updated Vanguard accounts without issue.

Thanks, Markus1957. It's a growing mystery to me. Tried again a few mins ago, but no change. I changed nothing on either my Vanguard account or on Quicken. My bank and Merrill Lynch accounts still download as well as ever. Only the Vanguard account is non-responsive. 
  • Salvelinus
    Salvelinus Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I think I have found the problem. A few minutes ago I opened the Vanguard account on its web site and found that in a prior visit a couple of days ago I had created a "customized view" that did not include the specific account I've been trying to download through Quicken. I changed that view to include the account i want to see, then went back to Quicken, set the account up to activate downloads, and downloaded it. It worked just fine!   It will be good to remember that a customized view on Vanguard affects downloads on Quicken. Thanks much to those who contributed ideas!
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I think I have found the problem. A few minutes ago I opened the Vanguard account on its web site and found that in a prior visit a couple of days ago I had created a "customized view" that did not include the specific account I've been trying to download through Quicken. I changed that view to include the account i want to see, then went back to Quicken, set the account up to activate downloads, and downloaded it. It worked just fine!   It will be good to remember that a customized view on Vanguard affects downloads on Quicken. Thanks much to those who contributed ideas!

Good sleuthing!  Glad to hear you got it resolved.
This discussion has been closed.