How do I force an Asset to show in the Portfolio View?

Options
Ken429
Ken429 Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I just set up a new Quicken Premier file and cannot make it do what I had in my old file.  I have an Asset Account (Savings Bonds) showing (left side of window) that I want to show in the Portfolio View (right side) as an Account and be included in the Total Market Value.  For some reason I can't make it happen.  I know it worked in the old file.  I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing.  Help appreciated!

Comments

• SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ken429 all you need to do to make the Savings Bonds show in your Portfolio is to go to Account Details and change the "Account Intent" to "Investment":

• Ken429
    Ken429 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Been there done that several times.  But... it don't force the Investment into the Portfolio View (Right Side of Window) and be included in the Total Market Value.  In my old Quicken file I even had the Account setup as Spending but I some how got it to show on in the Portfolio View and be included in the total.

Ok!  Once I set it up as an Investment Quicken allowed me to include it in the Portfolio View by selecting the Account.  Problem solved.  Thank you for the help.
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ken429 have you tried to customize your portfolio view?  Maybe you just need to add the Savings Bond account to the portfolio?  This is the only other thing I can think of.

Hit "Customize" and go into "Accounts" and verify that there is a checkmark by your Savings Bond Account.
  • Ken429
    Ken429 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Maybe you did not read my first reply.  That's what I said I did and it worked.  I'm happy for now!
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ken429 said:

Maybe you did not read my first reply.  That's what I said I did and it worked.  I'm happy for now!

Ken, glad it worked.  Sorry my second comment must have crossed with yours.
  • thebenskys
    thebenskys Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, SimonSez - customizing solved my problem, too.
This discussion has been closed.