dow dupont merger.

Options
Ed Duncan
Ed Duncan Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
 I owned DOW prior to merger and correctly entered the merger transaction. Now I found some missing reinvdiv transactions I need to add but don't know how to get them merged to DWPD. Has anyone had this happen and how do you fix it?

Comments

• Ed Duncan
    Ed Duncan Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I am currently using Quicken Premier 2019 version R16.14 build 27.1.16.4.  Transactions were entered on Quicken 2016.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The base discussion on that merger is here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/how-to-record-merger-between-dow-and-dupont-quic...

Step 0 is to make sure you have a good backup for your starting point -- just in case.

Presumably, you have identified the previously omitted shares acquired through reinvestment. Further, I understand you have entered those reinvestments.  (If not, go ahead and enter them.)  Once they are entered, just after that merger date you should now be showing Dow shares in your holdings for that account. 

Review the transactions entered previously for that merger.  I would expect one Remove Shares transaction (for Dow) and several Add Share transactions (for DowDuPont).  If so, the easiest path may be to delete all those transactions and re-do the Corporate Acquisition macro-transaction as you did before (see cited discussion). 

If you have subsequent sells of the DowDuPont holding, edit and review those to make sure any lot specifications on the sales make sense.  You should not have to worry about subsequent dividend or reinvested dividend transactions.  If you had a Sell Shares for a fractional share holding post-merger, you will likely need to re-do that sale.  

Post back with further questions, information, or results.
  • Ed Duncan
    Ed Duncan Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I think I had come to that conclusion, but I have a lot of reinvdiv transactions to delete, so is there a way to delete these in mass instead of one at a time? Thank you so much for responding. Wish I had asked this 2 or 3 days ago. I have been fretting over this.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ed Duncan said:

I think I had come to that conclusion, but I have a lot of reinvdiv transactions to delete, so is there a way to delete these in mass instead of one at a time? Thank you so much for responding. Wish I had asked this 2 or 3 days ago. I have been fretting over this.

I take it you have a lot of Remove transactions to delete (due to the reinvestment history).  

Option 2 is to NOT delete the existing transactions.  Instead, execute a second Corporate dated after the original one (maybe for 9/2/17 if the original set was 9/1/17).  Then if you further choose better accuracy, redate the newly created Remove and Add transactions back to the correct date.  

You would likely still need to edit any 'cash-in-lieu' sale and the other note about watching subsequent sales might apply.  

I haven't tested either path, so check things over closely, but seems like it ought to work.

If you want to follow the prior option with the deletion of transactions, you may be able to do that en-mass using a Banking Transaction Report, customize to applicable account and date range.  Select multiple transactions.  Edit button, Delete Transactions selection.
  • Ed Duncan
    Ed Duncan Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ed Duncan said:

I did option 1 and it took a little time but it worked just fine. Thank you so much for your input!
This discussion has been closed.