How do you add a tenant to multiple units in a property in QkHome,Bus and Rental?

I have Qk HB&RP 2018, trying to add tenants and I have tenants that rent multiple units in the building.  The program won't allow me to use the same tenant name twice.  How do you add a tenant that is renting multiple units?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    How about faking things out ... "John Doe - A1", "John Doe - A2", etc.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Thank you, just got off the phone with support, and that's exactly what
    they suggested.  Would be nicer for reports though if you could have a
    tenant listed as renting multiple units.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the question.  I just had a tenant move from one of my properties to another so I'm probably going to run into the same situation when I try to re-enter him.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Thanks for the question.  I just had a tenant move from one of my properties to another so I'm probably going to run into the same situation when I try to re-enter him.

From C. D. Bales:

" ... I'm probably going to run into the same situation when I try to re-enter him".

You should not have the same problem.

When the tenant moves out of the current property, Edit the tenant, change the "Property", the rent amount (if necessary), and enter the correct new values on the "Terms and Agreement" tab.

Also, at a minimum, delete the rent Reminder for the original property for the tenant.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.