How do I create a transfer transaction?

There's a credit card transaction in my credit card account that needs to be transferred to checking.
Can someone please provide instructions - how to code it, which field to use, etc.? Thanks, Tom

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You aren't totally clear on what you want to do:

If you need to move a transaction (as it was entered in the wrong account), drag the transaction to the desired account's name in the sidebar. This will move the transaction.

If you need to make a Transfer transaction (as in you are representing paying a credit card account from your checking), make sure the Transfer column is showing, and enter the recipient account's name there. When you record the transaction, a second transaction showing the movement of funds will appear in the other account.

Post back if this isn't what you meant.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You aren't totally clear on what you want to do:

If you need to move a transaction (as it was entered in the wrong account), drag the transaction to the desired account's name in the sidebar. This will move the transaction.

If you need to make a Transfer transaction (as in you are representing paying a credit card account from your checking), make sure the Transfer column is showing, and enter the recipient account's name there. When you record the transaction, a second transaction showing the movement of funds will appear in the other account.

Post back if this isn't what you meant.

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes - it happened just like you said John - I edited the transaction to enter the name of the destination then went to Save and Bingo! Thanks very much . . . !

This discussion has been closed.