keep report open/active

Jeanne
Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
I need to review and tweak two dozen entries over a couple of years across more than one account. The simplest way to do this is to create a simple report, drill down, and click on the transactions to edit. But every time I do that, I need to re-open the report AND scroll to the place I left off before I can get to do the work I want to do. Doesn't sound like much but it gets tedious pretty quickly. Right now this looks like quite a dis-improvement over (much?) earlier versions. Why would one close the report by default?

I've learned to add the report and the drill-down report to the toolbar and that helps. But I've got two screens, plenty of space. How can I keep the report visible and static while I navigate from report to register and back again 24 times (saving unnec. clicks and scrolling)? PREFERABLY using the keyboard rather than the mouse?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    GeoffG,

Boy, am I embarrassed. I just this minute noticed the minimized reports. And yes, the cursor is where I left it in all nine copies of the same report. Raced back here to see if I could keep the egg from hitting my face. Too late.

I do find it unhelpful, but part of that is still trying to transition from an older version. And I can't say how much consternation arises from each problem.

Thanks.

PS: Didn't mean to give myself "accepted answer" but both you and UKR deserve it.

Answers

• Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    GeoffG,

Boy, am I embarrassed. I just this minute noticed the minimized reports. And yes, the cursor is where I left it in all nine copies of the same report. Raced back here to see if I could keep the egg from hitting my face. Too late.

I do find it unhelpful, but part of that is still trying to transition from an older version. And I can't say how much consternation arises from each problem.

Thanks.

PS: Didn't mean to give myself "accepted answer" but both you and UKR deserve it.
  • Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    UKR, the refreshing is not the issue here. And yes, my report only shows the 24 relevant transactions. The scrolling is because there are so many of them, but none are outside the search. Of course, if I'd known to re-open the minimized report at the bottom, the scrolling would not have been an issue. More egg on my face. (But I'd still prefer to minimize my own windows rather than have the program decide for me.)

I was unfamiliar with the filtering and, yes, that would help a lot, even if I couldn't edit all accounts at once. A bit more egg on my face.

In this instance each entry needed to be changed individually (date) and in my experience searching and recategorizing are pretty limited. But I'll take a look-see.

Thank you very much for your kind patience. I learned a few things on my own this morning, and yet more from you and GeoffG, but I still have to shake loose a whole lot of old habits of mind.

This discussion has been closed.