Quicken H&B is not importing Addresses

Options
Having followed all directions and tips I can find here, I'm still not able to import my addresses of customers into Quicken H&B using either the Tab Delimited .TXT or Comma Separated .csv file types.  Any thoughts?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's a blank Address Book file with the correct headers.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • RonGoBnB
    RonGoBnB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Greg,  Thanks but this still did not work.  I copied my data into your file, added commas to blank fields saved as .CSV but it did not work.  I noticed your file was saved as a .TXT with commas so I also saved the file as TXT with commas and it did not work.  When selecting the file Quicken can tell if you have selected the right delimiter and once you do it automatically maps the fields that match on the right so I assume everything is lined up.  Then I click done and nothing happens.  I appreciate your help but I still don't know what to do, will try calling quicken today.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you. I exported my Address Book as a CSV file, started a new Quicken data file and imported the addresses with no problem.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • RonGoBnB
    RonGoBnB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm importing a list I have kept in Excel but it wont work still.  Thanks for the suggestion.
  • RonGoBnB
    RonGoBnB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny thing.  I log on tonight and see my addresses uploaded 5 times.  Never were there earlier when I tried several times using different combinations of CSV and TXT and ensuring the field names matched etc.  Anyway I just spent 50 minutes deleting the ones I don't need.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From C.D. Bales:

There have been multiple complaints like yours over the years; to my knowledge, none has ever been verified to be a Quicken problem. 

[I have tested many such complaints in the Quicken versions named by a poster, including yours - and my Address Book imports have succeeded every time.]

The fact that you found that the addresses you wanted imported were in Quicken multiple times, guarantees that your multiple attempts to import succeeded.

One user mistake that has frequently occurred, is failing to look in the <unassigned> group for the imported addresses. Users tend to think that they can import addresses to an Address Book Group of their choice: but that is not possible.

ALL imported addresses will be imported to the <unassigned> group - no matter what group the user attempts to specify.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RonGoBnB said:
    Funny thing.  I log on tonight and see my addresses uploaded 5 times.  Never were there earlier when I tried several times using different combinations of CSV and TXT and ensuring the field names matched etc.  Anyway I just spent 50 minutes deleting the ones I don't need.
    Are you saying that, after you imported addresses, you couldn't find them in the Address Book, because you had the Group filter set to a filtered view and not "All Groups"?
    I shot that "Eigentor" (soccer, own goal) myself once. Drove me nuts until I figured out that I was looking at a subset of the Address Book instead of the whole lot! :blush:
  • RonGoBnB
    RonGoBnB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    HI mshiggins and UKR for the thoughtful comment regarding the address book.  I was aware that in Address there are subgroups and was checking each subgroup and All addresses to be sure that nothing was imported.  Now to be fair when doing the last set of try's based on Gregs feedback I may not have checked all subgroups and simply missed that the file was being uploaded because I was short on time and rushed. I do know that I did this check several times during my many import try's and nothing was there. However when I came back to Q later that day the first thing I did was check All addresses and noticed 5 uploads had worked.  So I still am not sure what I did Right I just know it worked.  I will upload a few more address later this week to see exactly what did work so I will know for the future.  Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.