Delete old customers

Have been using Quicken since 1992  now using 2018  - still have customers from 2002 that have died or no longer relevant - want to remove/delete them

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Q ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• flamingocrew
    flamingocrew Member ✭✭
    R18.15  
    Build  27.1.18.15
  • flamingocrew
    flamingocrew Member ✭✭
    My apologizes its 2019 with membership
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry - meant like - Q Deluxe, Premier, H&B -
    since you used the wording "customers", wasn't quite sure

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• flamingocrew
    flamingocrew Member ✭✭
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you just delete them from the Address Book? 
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • flamingocrew
    flamingocrew Member ✭✭
    Thank you Greg -  I have deleted them but it only applies to that book and quick fill . When I run statements for all my current customers, everyone who was ever a customer shows up. Plus I'm trying to streamline my file as it is very large, I have my own personal cloud system and use the program everyday at home and on the road on the eastern seaboard. I probably should use Quickbooks but I have extensive custom categories and tags set up for our businesses and Rentals
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I would guess that Quicken stores the customer in the data base if it's used in an invoice and therefore can't be deleted. I can't even use Statements since I have over 1900 customers in my Address Book. I've complained about the 500 customer limit since I started using H&B in 2003 but so far my complaints have fallen on deaf ears. I highly doubt that removing unused customers would noticeably decrease the size of your Quicken file. Have you tried copying the file and checking the size?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • flamingocrew
    flamingocrew Member ✭✭
    I will try that thanks
This discussion has been closed.