Why do I get the "You have no transactions for the selected settings"

tld72112
tld72112 Member ✭✭
After I create the categories and the time period I get this message but it won't let me update my settings

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What report are you seeing this in? Which version of Quicken?

What is preventing you (errors, not responding, etc.) from updating the settings?
  • tld72112
    tld72112 Member ✭✭
    Quicken 2016 for Mac
  • John_in_NC
    And the answers to the other two questions?

Thanks!
  • tld72112
    tld72112 Member ✭✭
    all of my saved reports.  I don't know what is preventing me from updating.  When I go to the customized button in the upper right of the screen & adjust, I still get the "no transactions"  message + I can't find a create a new report.
  • John_in_NC
    Thanks for the answers.

Without being there, it is hard to come up with anything definitive. Are you sure you have the right file open? (It happens) Verify the accounts have current transactions to make sure they fall within the range of the reports.

Have you done anything with currency settings on your Mac so that reports aren't pulling mixed currency data up? Anything with the date format?

As for new reports in 2016, you select one of those existing canned reports and save it as a custom report. I don't remember a prompt for "New Report" like some versions.
  • tld72112
    tld72112 Member ✭✭
    I am getting ready for my tax preparer to do my taxes and chose the canned report that I used last year and changed the dates from 1/1/17 thru 12/31/17 to 1/1/18 thru 12/31/18 and that's when I get the "no transactions" .
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello tld72112. Appreciate your question.

Do you have data in your Quicken file for the period(s) that you are needing to build the report itself?

Some banks will allow you to recover up to 2 years of data by going online and downloading data using the .QFX (Web Connect format.) The only thing that might need to be updated after this option is to update your Categories and Payees.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.