Never adds a category!

Options
Mac version works way different, and worse than Windows version in this case - I don't manually enter credit card charges, I just let them download and review them. Windows version attempts auto categorization, Mac NEVER does. It always is "Uncategorized", and then I have to manually type in the category - and it never learns from that. I have deleted most of the standard categories and use my own, is that why? This is really a pain having to always add categories, on Windows it's correct 90% of the time and seems to learn once I correct a category. Is anything planned to fix this? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Some people have complained of this (and they DO have the preference selected to categorize transactions):

Now, I don't let Quicken download all my transactions: I manually enter and let the downloads match so I don't have to clean things up. But, in the cases where I simply have taken a downloaded transaction, it comes through with a category (or since updated one.) And, none of those default categories are in my list, either.

I questioned if this was related to Mobile, but I have no way to test that. You could at least try resetting the cloud data in preferences to see if this improves things. But, you should be getting categories. 
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply @John_in_NC. I have that setting set too. I do not use Mobile, I have it turned off, so I assume that can't be an issue? I wish I knew why this never works...
  • Robert Anderson
    Robert Anderson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Prior release auto-categorized common entries that I had previously manually categorized. Now almost everything comes back Uncategorized.  HOWEVER, when I click on that, it shows the alternative correct Category as an option that I have to click on. If it already knows that much, it should categorized it correctly to begin with.
This discussion has been closed.