Quicken install issue - High Sierra

Downloaded app from account, and followed install instructions. Keep getting circular message to "Click install to copy this version to the applications folder". I click install, and it copies the file, then comes back with the same message. If I click quit, then application is in my install folder but when I double click on it, it comes up with the message (above).

Best Answers

• MegKeegs
    MegKeegs Member
    Answer ✓
    Got it working. The solution was to copy the file to the Applications folder for the me as a user. Not sure why (never had to do that before), but it wouldn't work when trying to run it from the applications folder in the main drive. Hopefully that explains it for you (should someone else encounter it). Anyway, it works. Thanks for your help.

Answers

• MegKeegs
    MegKeegs Member
    Not admin, but I have the privileges to install software

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2019
    Accounts on Mac are either Admin or not. Non-admin accounts can't modify the Applications folder. Open System Preferences > Users & Groups to see what type of account you are logged in as:

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • MegKeegs
    MegKeegs Member
    Admin

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Have you restarted the computer? You could also try copying the installer out of the DMG volume onto your desktop and launch if from there. If those don't work, contacting support is probably your best bet (click HELP at the top of this page and scroll down to the blue bar).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • MegKeegs
    MegKeegs Member
    Answer ✓
    Got it working. The solution was to copy the file to the Applications folder for the me as a user. Not sure why (never had to do that before), but it wouldn't work when trying to run it from the applications folder in the main drive. Hopefully that explains it for you (should someone else encounter it). Anyway, it works. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.