dividend/income transaction does not update cash balance

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
When entering transaction dividend/income (NOT reinvestment) cash balance is not updated. Cash amount shows as N/A. There no placeholders. It is happening only for one security that was added via split and sold 3 month later. Quicken 2018 R12.15 build 27.1.12.15

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    If you have N/A for the amount in an investment account, you have placeholders. See the FAQ post on the topic:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7190594/faq-placeholders-deciphered-if-you-are-frustrated-with-placeholders-read-this

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ack24
    ack24 Member
    I'm having the same issue - and no there actually are no placeholder entries unless they are hidden in some secret place somewhere. There are none showing up in the security detail view, there are none on the Placeholder Entries tab. The cash balance won't update though no matter what security I put in - I tried 10 different ones. All show N/A.
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    ack24 said:
    I'm having the same issue - and no there actually are no placeholder entries unless they are hidden in some secret place somewhere.

To make absolutely sure they aren’t hidden in some secret place, go to Preferences and make sure show hidden investment transactions is enabled. 
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
This discussion has been closed.