Adding rent payments

I have 2018 Quicken and each time i try to post a payment it lets me fill out the rent receipt and when i hit save it saves it (not sure where it saves it) and then it does not show it posted to the account - please help

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Barbara,

Once the rent receipt has been created and saved, you can then view the saved rent receipt by selecting the Properties & Tenants tab in the upper right corner and selecting "Rent Receipts" from the menu.  Select the receipt and it can be edited and printed, emailed or deleted from this window.
    image  image

You have control over which account the rent payment will post too on the enter Rent Payment screen.

If you aren't sure which account was selected, I advise running a Cash Flow report, that will show you each Rent Payment transaction entered and which account the payment was posted to.  The Cash Flow report can be found on the Rent Property tab > Reports.  Or in the Reports menu at the very top of Quicken > Rental Property > Cash Flow.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • i only have one account for payment to go to - so when i click on the add rent button and fill out all the info then click create rent receipt -and push add - then  i make sure all that info is correct - send email and then hit dave - it never records the payment anywhere - i have to go in and manually add the payment for it to show up - how do i fix that - thanks
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Barbara Reynolds

Thank you for the response and additional information, although I apologize that the issue was not understood completely when it was originally posted.

After selecting to "save" the rent receipt, the rent payment should automatically save and record to the register, however it does not sound like that is the behavior you are experiencing.

If you haven't already, please create a new data file (File > New Quicken File) and add a test property and tenant, does the payment record correctly after selecting to save the rent receipt?

Or does it still have to be entered manually?  

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.