Entering Rent when it is not the entire amount due

I have added the property and set up the tenant from the Help in the program.  I would think that when I enter that the tenant paid 560.00 when 800 was due that it would appear in the Rental, rent center section that a balance was owed. Does not state anything in this window.  Should this not show up on that the full amount was not paid?

I am finding this is not a user-friendly application.  If they would have first had a trial, I would have not purchased it in determining that it was to difficult to maneuver.

Answers

• Obviously no one from Quicken Support monitors these forums.

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @r0bert3astman

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Quicken Community is mainly a User to User forum with a few Quicken Employees who Moderate the Community and jump in to help answer questions when and where we can.  Quicken Support is also available by phone or chat by visiting https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.

If partial rent payment amounts need to be entered, I would recommend entering two transactions.

Enter the first partial amount from the Rental Property tab > Rent Center > Enter dialogue window.

Once the first partial payment has been recorded, then go to the register for the Rental Income account, copy the first partial payment transaction and paste it in the register, editing the pasted transaction to be for the remaining amount owed.

I have also reported this behavior and experience to our Development teams so they are aware of the difficulties faced when entering partial payments and can investigate solutions for improving this work-flow.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.