Vanguard IRA RMD mutual fund withdrawals and deposits

When I attempt to download Vanguard IRA mutual fund withdrawals and deposits, only the deposits appear in the Quicken account. The withdrawals do not download into the Quicken account. Why? How should I manually enter the withdrawals?

Answers

• JRJ
    JRJ Member ✭✭
    Also, I should note I need to include federal tax withholding if I have to manually enter the withdrawal transaction.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JRJ

Thank you for taking the time to share your questions with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

When downloading the transactions from the Vanguard account, do you use the One Step Update in Quicken to update the account?

Or do you log into Vanguards website and download a Web Connect (.QFX) file with the transaction activity?

Please also let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using, if you aren't sure, this information may be found in the Help menu > About Quicken.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the second part:  See this discussion. which would also apply to downloaded versions of the transaction.