Adding a new mutual fund but quotes not downloading

I've add a new mutual fund, RBF664, and the quotes for this fund are not downloading. All other funds are working fine.

It would appear that this only happens when a new fund is added to quicken.This was tested on a new quicken file by adding funds that are know to download quotes in my current quicken file and the new quicken file did not download quotes.

I know this may be related to me still using the 2012 version of quicken but still asking why.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mtb_gca said:
    I know this may be related to me still using the 2012 version of quicken but still asking why.
    Old versions, despite not being supported any longer, may have had backdoors that were left open and allowed quotes downloading well beyond the software support expiration date.
    Please show me a screen image snapshot of the Security List entry for this new mutual fund, so I can see if it's been created correctly. I'd also like to know the name and ticker symbol.
    Is this a US or Canadian mutual fund?
  • mtb_gca
    mtb_gca Member ✭✭
    Thanks for picking up this. It is a Canadian fund, RBF664. It can be found on the quicken at:
    https://www.quicken.com/investing/mutual-funds/MUTUAL%3ARBF664/RBC-Global-Asset-Management-In

Also not that the "Look Up ..." button does not function. I assume this function was disabled for this version of Quicken.

See attached screen dump as requested.
This discussion has been closed.