I am unable to add securities quicken 19

Quicken appears to accept my addition of a new security however it is not added to the securities list (hidden accounts on). I have run super validate and my maxref#'s match. Quicken support says I have to find a backup and work from there. Its something in the datafile since I can create a new quicken file and add a security successfully. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

• daninore
    daninore Member
    Answer ✓
    just found a solution...
    step one. 
       in an investment register (random) I did the CTRL + SHIFT while right click on "move transaction". I then choose to move a random transaction to another account. after the move I clicked on "Done" below. This caused a validation process to start.
    step two.
       go to FILE and did CTRL + SHIFT while clicking "validate and repair". select "super validate"

upon completion....I can now add securities

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you check the Security List for a security with the ticker symbol you specified.  If you want to create a security with the same ticker symbol as another security, add the new security without the ticker symbol and edit the new security to add the ticker symbol.
  • daninore
    daninore Member
    I just checked the security list and did not find a duplicate symbol or security name.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    daninore said:
    I just checked the security list and did not find a duplicate symbol or security name.
    If you did not find a security in the Security List with the ticker symbol you specified, I suspect your data file is corrupt.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • daninore
    daninore Member
    Answer ✓
    just found a solution...
    step one. 
       in an investment register (random) I did the CTRL + SHIFT while right click on "move transaction". I then choose to move a random transaction to another account. after the move I clicked on "Done" below. This caused a validation process to start.
    step two.
       go to FILE and did CTRL + SHIFT while clicking "validate and repair". select "super validate"

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    daninore said:
    just found a solution...
    step one. 
    step two.

The Ctrl + Shift + Move Transaction(s) in an investment account causes securities to be renumbered when the sequence has been corrupted.  I suggest you review your security holdings carefully.
  • daninore
    daninore Member
    my maxref's matched but that is a good idea!
This discussion has been closed.