What can be displayed on the register

is there a way to display the splits on the Register

Comments

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can see what is in a split transaction in the register by putting you mouse right over the "split"
    Another way is to do a report of the register. You will see every "split" transaction in the report.
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Register transactions with split categories will show the word "split" in  text below the payee field.  Click on the transaction and on the left side of the word  "memo" below the payee line you will see three boxes. Click on the box with the green check mark and a window will open displaying all of the categories and any data you have entered in the memo field.
    As a side note..........I use a credit card for most purchases so I will have a payee "Citi Bank" where I will enter "Dining" in the category field and in the memo field I will enter "Jimmy John's" and the date of the purchase. Next time I use the card I will open the split category and enter "Auto Fuel" in the category field and Costco in the memo field. and the date of the purchase. When my credit card statement arrives, I can open the split categories and compare each entry with the entry on my credit card statement. The date that I enter helps me find the entry faster when cross referencing with the credit card statement. 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    @Gary K. Massey you are not handling your credit card properly.
    Each credit card should have its own Account in Quicken.
    When you make a purchase, enter a Charge, i.e., debit, transaction into the credit card account, with the payee in the Payee field and the correct category. When you are ready to pay your credit card bill, Reconcile the credit card account, and enter a Transfer from your checking account to the credit card account. This provides much better results than trying to keep track of your credit card transactions via splits in your checking account. And most credit cards will helpfully download their transactions into a corresponding Quicken account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    @CaroleT , there are two buttons which appear when you click to select a split transaction. One is a check mark and the other is a "Y". For historical reasons, they both will open a window with the details of the split. I have highlighted them in yellow in the attached screen shots.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    "is there a way to display the splits on the Register"

One transaction at a time, by clicking on the transaction split icon "Action button".

But not for all register split transactions at once.

Use a Quicken report, such as Reports > Banking > Transactions. On the report Customize > Display tab, select "Show splits".

Or, with the register open: CTRL+p and make sure the "Print split transactions" box is checked.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.