2 Securities need to be combined

Somehow Franklin Income Fund started downloading after 1/3/19 xaction as slightly different name from previous, namely Franklin Income Fund Class C vs. Franklin Income Fund.  All transactions are included under same symbol FCISX in the investing account Franklin Income Fund Class C, but in two different security listings.  I would like to combine the two securities by updating the older security to the same name, Franklin Income Fund Class C.

Best Answer

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming that there are significantly fewer transactions in the new name, I would just edit those transactions one at a time to be the old name.  Then be sure the old name is also the one that is “matched to online security”.

When that is done there will be no transactions for the new name and you can just delete that security. Then go to the security detail for the old security and rename it to whatever you want it to be.

Backup first.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Leslie Charmatz
    Leslie Charmatz Member ✭✭
    The account list already shows all the transactions thru Apr '19.  The problem is in the security list itself which has 2 different securities, Franklin Income fund and Franklin Income Fund Class C. All xactions in the account have the correct security name just when I look at the security list do I see 2 different security names with the same symbol.  So not sure where to delete these transactions that began 2/1/19
This discussion has been closed.