There is nowhere to enter my activation code

Options
Hi. I own a (probably) downloaded version of Quicken 2016. Just expired. Bought Deluxe version from Amazon which I've done many times in the past. I have the activation code. There is nowhere under the "help" dropdown to "enter activation code" - I've read those directions and looked at that part of the video - but can't figure out where/how to enter activation code. 
My operating system is Windows 10 Home. 

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • amiller68
    amiller68 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I've watched that video. But it doesn't seem to fit my situation. Also I clicked on the "purchased from other retailer" link and it asks me to enter my activation code under the "help" dropdown but there isn't an option to enter activation code there. I have an existing 2016 version of Quicken. It expired. I lost connected services. Subscription is so expensive so I bought the deluxe 2019 Quicken from Amazon but there is nowhere to enter my activation code. Thoughts?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you downloaded/installed Quicken Deluxe 2019?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • amiller68
    amiller68 Member
    Options
    So maybe I've missed something obvious here by assuming..... I thought I could upgrade within my current version of QUicken - by just entering activation code in my current version .... - do i need to uninstall and then download and activate the new version I bought?  And if that's the case - I'd love an opinion. I"m trying to save money by not buying the subscription but maybe that's just easier . .. .than re-installing every few years . ..   

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @amiller68 ,

Do a Manual Backup of your Quicken Data File, before beginning.

See this procedure to uninstall Quicken 2016:   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7839798/installing-reinstalling-quicken-2016-editions

Do not reinstall Quicken 2016, as it does not need to be installed.

Restart the computer before you install the program from Amazon.com.

Now install the program and choose I'm upgrading and restore the Manual Backup, made before. Follow onscreen instructions.

To install Quicken on a different computer, see this procedure:   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    amiller68 said:
    So maybe I've missed something obvious here by assuming..... I thought I could upgrade within my current version of QUicken - by just entering activation code in my current version .... - do i need to uninstall and then download and activate the new version I bought?  And if that's the case - I'd love an opinion. I"m trying to save money by not buying the subscription but maybe that's just easier . .. .than re-installing every few years . ..   

Hi @amiller68

What you have described, is how Quicken Subscription Products are now working, once installed and activated for the first time.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.