Account Balance Graph

Options
Just upgraded from Quicken 2007.  Seamlessly and very impressed.  But I deeply lament the apparent demise of the account balance graph, which showed in bar graph form, the daily balances of my current account - orange for days past, green for today and blue for days to the end of the month.  It was hugely useful.
Any chance of reviving it?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to 2019! The graph is still there, just not like what you had. If you add a tab to the Home screen and add Bill & Income Reminders. You can include accounts desired.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ian, are you using QWin or QMac?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ian  Paterson
    Ian Paterson Member
    Options
    Thank you so much GeoffG.  So easy to get to when you know how!  I'd prefer bar graph format to line graph, if that were possible, but it's so good to have in whatever format.
    mshiggins - QWin - thanks for asking.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    There also is a Projected Balances view available under the Bills & Income tab. A little customization to select the desired accounts and the date range and off you go.
  • mshiggins
    Options
    From C. D. Bales:
    "I'd prefer bar graph format to line graph ....".

If you're seeing a line graph, you didn't add the correct Widget to the Home tab.

The "Projected Balances" widget produces a line graph; with the possible exception of the color scheme, the "Bill and Income Reminders" widget produces the same bar graph it always has (when the "Show graph" box is checked). [And the colors of the bars depend on whether you select one account or multiple accounts.]

• Ian  Paterson
    Ian Paterson Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comment CD Bales.  I found the bar graph (it's great) and would like it to display when I open Quicken.  I'm afraid I don't understand what you refer to as a widget that I could add to the home screen.  I'm using the starter version of Quicken.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I found the bar graph (it's great) and would like it to display when I open Quicken.

From the menu bar - Edit > Preferences > Startup
    Select Startup Location and scroll down the drop-down list to the view you want to see on startup.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• mshiggins
    Options
    From C. D. Bales:
    " ... I don't understand what you refer to as a widget that I could add to the home screen".

I can't speak for the Starter edition of Quicken ....

But, the Home tab can normally have about 12 sub-tabs (called Views). Each of those Home tab Views can be customized (click the "Customize" button in the upper-left in the View); and the items that you can elect to display on a Home tab View (such as "Bill and Income Reminders") are sometimes called "widgets".

The "Bill & Income Reminders" widget on the Home tab has the same (optional) bar graph that is displayed when you look at Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders. [And - unlike Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders - the Home tab Bills and Income Reminders widget will allow you to optionally display the "Account to Use" for each Reminder.]

You can elect to have the Home tab displayed when you start Quicken: Edit > Preferences > Startup > Startup location.

• Ian  Paterson
    Ian Paterson Member
    Options
    A big thank you to all who took the time to reply to my request.  I learnt a great deal from all of you.  Quicken is deeper than I'd thought.
    Ian Paterson
This discussion has been closed.