IRA Brokerage Account: Transfer Cash Balance To Checking

aknattei
aknattei Member ✭✭
Hello Everybody, hope you are having a nice day. I use Quicken Deluxe 2019 Version 5.11.0 (Build 511.25626.100) for MacOS version 10.14.4. I am retired and selling shares in my IRA Brokerage account. The cash proceeds of the the sell are deposited in my IRA Brokerage account. How do I transfer the cash proceeds to my checking account. The "TYPE" drop down menu for the IRA Brokerage account does not contain a transfer cash selection. I have attached a screen capture of the the "TYPE" dropdown menu for your review.

Does anybody have knowledge of a method to transfer cash from my IRA Brokerage account to my Checking account?

Best Answer

Answers

• aknattei
    aknattei Member ✭✭
     I can use Payment/Deposit to transfer the cash by converting the cash amount to a negative number by adding a minus sign and creating a transfer. 

When the cash transfer using "Type: Payment/Deposit" is completed "Quicken Budget" displays the income as a GRAY color and reports the cash transferred using "Type: Payment/Deposit" has not been transferred.

The "Quicken Budget" feature does not support the transfer of cash from investment to checking using "Type: Payment/Deposit".

Any suggestions are appreciated. Have a nice day.
  • aknattei
    aknattei Member ✭✭
    Hi J_Mike,

Thank you for your reply to my question and comments posted above. I wanted to use QMac Budget but the dollars listed under income are $0.00; which breaks the QMac budget feature because I have expenses but no income. I was concerned I did not understand how to use the QMac Budget; you input to me is the feature has not worked for some time. Thank you so much for your reply.

Take care,
This discussion has been closed.