Report of accounts for estate administrator

I would like to print a listing of all my accounts with the full name of  the financial institution, account number, contact etc. basically all the information that is in each account detail when one clicks on "Edit account details"  and maybe more to include in my will for my administrator.
I guess that I could leave backup copy of the Quicken file in a USB with my password etc. but ...

Best Answer

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no report in Quicken that does what you want. But you can get most of the way there by printing the Account List.
    1. Open the Account List (Tools > Account List or CTRL-A).
    2. In the Options pull-down at the lower left, select Include additional info when printing (this is what gets most of the info you want into the printout).
    3. Check and un-check other options in the list until you get what you want.
    4. Click the printer icon in the Account List.
    5. Preview what will be printed.
    6. Change printing options as desired, repeat until done, then print for real.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• sgtjdcusmc
    sgtjdcusmc Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Yes it is a good start. I can add to it manually.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I have not explored it personally, if you have Premier (and I think it's in Deluxe) the Emergency Records Organizer sounds exactly like what you are looking for.
  • sgtjdcusmc
    sgtjdcusmc Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I found out that I had to install it separately by using :

Step 2

After locating the Quicken folder, double-click it. Then, find and double-click the installation file (either QuickenHomeInventory.exe or EmergencyRecordsOrganizer.exe) and follow the installation prompts. You can choose to install one or both of these tools.

Step 3

To access these tools from within Quicken:

1. Click on View > Classic Menus.
    2. Go to the Property and Debt menu.
    3. Click on Quicken Home Inventory or Emergency Records Organizer.

To add these tools to the Quicken toolbar:

1. Click on View > Customize Toolbar.
    2. Put a checkmark next to Show all toolbar choices.
    3. Select Home Inventory Manager or Emergency Records Organizer.
    4. Click Add > Done.                                                                                                  I did that and I still do not get it.  I bet it is something that Quicken gave up.
  • sgtjdcusmc
    sgtjdcusmc Member ✭✭
    Well this morning I found that if I switch to Classic Menus and use the dropdown from Property and Debt ( only in the top menus line ) I get Home Inventory Manager (which does not work) and Emergency Record Organizer  which opens up.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sgtjdcusmc

The Home Inventory Manager program may need to also be externally installed from the Quicken folder in the Program Files (x86) folder, similar to the Emergency Records Organizer program.

If you haven't already, please open the Windows File Manager and go to the C drive > Program File (x86) > Quicken and scroll through the list until you locate the "QuickenHomeInventory.exe" file.

Once installed, you should now be able to open and access the Quicken Home Inventory program from the Property & Debt tab > Home Inventory Manager option, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • sgtjdcusmc
    sgtjdcusmc Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I did install both, but only the only the Emergency Record Organizer opens, and it is useless. I have to enter all the accounts information ? All the information that is already in my Account List ?  I do not think this was developed correctly. 

This discussion has been closed.