I use the Cash Flow by "groups" report for monthly financial reports - it's now missing.

kaemac
kaemac Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in Reports (Windows)
After the last upgrade there is no longer the option to customize by groups. There were always 3 choices under customization and now the group choice has been removed. I use that every month. Help.

Best Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    The OP is correct. The option is no longer available as described in the Help File. The Organization list no longer displays Category Group.  Since it remains in the Help file and no mention of its removal appeared in the Release Notes, it's likely a bug.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated your topic title to reflect the true Q&A - (removed the board comments)
    Exactly which Menu for which Report are you using - and is it the "gear" customization, or part of the reporting menu selections .
    And which version are you running - Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• kaemac
    kaemac Member ✭✭
    I just use the reports/graphs menu.. Then select Cash Flow and enter the time period. You can select the time period and there is a place to select customize, then organization. There were 3 options. One was by group and that choice is gone. I have the latest version. The change may have been in the one before this last one. Using Windows version.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well - I will repeat my request from above - since we are not looking over your shoulder, don't know which version of Quicken you are using, or exactly which menus you are clicking to arrive at your report.... different versions offer slightly different features...
    Which version are you running --> Help --> About Quicken
    Exactly which Menu for which Report are you using - and is it the "gear" customization, or part of the reporting menu selections .

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• markus1957
    Answer ✓
    The OP is correct. The option is no longer available as described in the Help File. The Organization list no longer displays Category Group.  Since it remains in the Help file and no mention of its removal appeared in the Release Notes, it's likely a bug.

• kaemac
    kaemac Member ✭✭
    I am running the newest version of Windows Starter Edition and have no idea what the gear is. I am just using the regular reports menu as I explained before. I gave you the menus I am clicking and dont know any other way to describe it.
  • kaemac
    kaemac Member ✭✭
    So if this is a bug in the update will it be corrected?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well - the STARTER edition must have some simplified menu items or text.
    Here is the menu path from my Quicken 2019 Deluxe R18.16 - NOT the R19.44.
    Thanks to @markus1957 for the info and the "menu path" to see what you are talking about.  Your "Customize" is usually represented by a "gear" as in "settings" for a lot of  current software.  I just followed the menus for an example ...
    --> Reports --> Banking --> Banking Summary --> the "gear" -->

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• markus1957
    In Premier, I am not seeing the option to select Category Groups. I am running the Beta though.
  • kaemac
    kaemac Member ✭✭
    That is it. After the update I dont have the category groups tab or any way to print my report. I guess I can go in and manually add every fund that goes into General Expense but I hope they will fix the bug. Guess I should not have updated. Thanks for looking into this for me.
  • kaemac
    kaemac Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken release R 19.44
This discussion has been closed.