Tax Planner - Filing Status keeps reverting to incorrect

PCWizard
PCWizard Member ✭✭
I'm running Quicken Deluxe2019 for Windows, Version R19.44, Build 27.1.19.44 and am experiencing the same problem others have reported. I set my Tax Planner Filing Status to Married/Joint, scenario Projected and the next time I look at the projected tax I notice Status has reverted to Single. I've reset this multiple times and it keeps reverting to the incorrect status. I noticed someone else claimed this was fixed in R19.34 but this does not seem to be the case. This is REALLY annoying. It isn't fixed yet.

[Title updated by UKR, 6/6/19, 11:20 PDT, to add words "Tax Planner"]
Tagged:

Best Answer

• PCWizard
    PCWizard Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This has been fixed. Took a while but the upgrade took care of it.

Answers

• Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    We thought we had fixed this issue in R19.44. We are checking and will get back. Thanks for your patience.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @PCWizard

Thank you for reporting that you continue to experience the filing status reverting to a prior status after installing the R19.44 release.

I also was experiencing this behavior in my personal data file, but after updating to R19.44, the selected filing status is retained.

We would like to investigate this matter further, but since this issue can no longer be reproduced in-house, would you be willing to provide a sanitized copy of a data file that exhibits this behavior for debugging purposes?

Sanitizing a data file will remove all personally identifiable information, including financial institution login credentials and obfuscates the transaction details to ensure your privacy remains intact.

If you are willing to submit a sanitized data file, please let me know and I will send instructions on how to upload the file.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • PCWizard
    PCWizard Member ✭✭
    Sarah, I'm familiar with sanitizing and willing to follow your instructions to provide you with a scrubbed data file.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @PCWizard

Thank you very much :) To send the sanitized file, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.

In the Report a Problem window, enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark only the box for the Sanitized Data File and click Send to Quicken.

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can locate the report in the system.  

Thanks again,

Sarah
  • Greg Perkins
    Greg Perkins Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with R21.16. Any progress since the last update (June 6)?
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    This is expected to have been fixed. Let me check and get back. Thanks.
  • FFRacer
    FFRacer Member ✭✭
    Having similar issues with R22.17, Build 27.1.22.17 of 2019 subscription Home, Busn & Rental version. Year/Filing/Scenario data is blank every time I start Planner, and, the detail data windows are empty for all tax subjects (data exists on the Tax Summary only)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• PCWizard
    PCWizard Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This has been fixed. Took a while but the upgrade took care of it.
  • FFRacer
    FFRacer Member ✭✭
    My issue repaired with re-install of subscription product! :)
This discussion has been closed.