Getting information without a back-up? Possibly from quicken on the web?

Hi. I think I have screwed myself but wondering if anyone has any ideas. I thought my Mac was backing up quicken to iCloud but it turns out it was just backing up to my internal hard drive on the computer. My computer died and the mother-board had to be replaced and now I have no quicken date on my computer. If I sign into "quicken on the web" everything is still there, and it is also still on the app on my phone. Is there any way to get it back into the quicken application on my computer? I have a feeling not but thought it was worth asking.

Best Answers

• Aseatondream
    Aseatondream Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It does. Thanks. Absolutely will not make this mistake again. :-(

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, no. The web/app data is only a subset of the desktop version and not intended or possible for any restoration. Are you absolutely certain you do not have any off-drive storage you may have setup?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Quicken Cloud transmits your information between Quicken Desktop, Quicken on the Web, and Quicken Mobile, but it is not a backup service. You can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop, web or mobile Quicken products.

What happened to the hard drive in your Mac? Replacing the motherboard should not have wiped out the information. Have you searched the hard drive for any Quicken data files?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Aseatondream
    Aseatondream Member ✭✭
    Initially the display went on my Mac but when the Apple Store replaced the display it still didn't work so they replaced the motherboard (I may be using the wrong terminology as I just realized they said "Logic Board"). I searched the Hard Drive for Quicken files but there is nothing there (it was before the issue); This is exactly what the Apple Store replaced (thankfully free as it was covered under Apple Care:

Item Number Description
    661-06278 Logic Board, i7, 2.7GHz, 16GB, 512GB, RadeonPro 455, FCC
    661-08030 Display Assembly, Space Gray
    923-01465 Cable, eDP Flex, with BMU Mylar Cover

I suspect I am out of luck. Sigh :-(
  • Aseatondream
    Aseatondream Member ✭✭
    I'm afraid not GeoffG. I realize this is my own doing. I thought when I set iCloud to store everything hit actually stored everything but I now understand it does not. :-(
  • Aseatondream
    Aseatondream Member ✭✭
    It seems like I could use the web version to get me through the end of the year and update transactions from there, but there doesn't seem to be any "report" functionality on the web version so not sure there would be any point.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would ask the Apple Store what happened to your Quicken data file(s). If they reloaded OS X they should have made a backup using Time Machine. Were any other files missing?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Aseatondream
    Aseatondream Member ✭✭
    Not that I am aware of at this point Greg. Just quicken. Everything else seems to have actually been on iCloud. Will ask Apple. Thanks.
  • Aseatondream
    Aseatondream Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It does. Thanks. Absolutely will not make this mistake again. :-(
This discussion has been closed.