Does Quicken have a function or capability to alert you if a duplicate invoice number is entered?

Options
I'm not sure if this is a function or capability that Quicken has but if an invoice to pay is entered with lets say "Invoice #100" and in a month from now I try to re-enter "Invoice #100", can I set up or does Quicken let you know that "Invoice #100" has already been entered? Like a duplicate input notification of some sort to help keep track of invoices received.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Guess what happens when I try to save a new invoice with a duplicate number in my Q 2019 ...

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Guess what happens when I try to save a new invoice with a duplicate number in my Q 2019 ...

• ladwp2019
    ladwp2019 Member
    Options
    So I was told that Quicken is not giving them that message. Can it be turned off? If so, how can we turn it back on so that we do receive a duplicate invoice alert?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ladwp2019 said:
    So I was told that Quicken is not giving them that message. Can it be turned off? If so, how can we turn it back on so that we do receive a duplicate invoice alert?
    Who told what to whom?
    Did you try what I did (create a new invoice, change invoice number to an existing one, try to save the invoice)? In that case, you should get this message.
    I have not tried any other method.
    AFAIK, this message, unlike the duplicate check number warning, cannot be turned off.
    Please tell me more about that duplicate invoice number situation, how you encountered it and why you think, there's a problem.
    By the way, what version, year and release of Quicken are you using? US or Canadian version? Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.
This discussion has been closed.