Can I update my Quicken 2010 Home & Business to an updated 2018 Quicke version without losing data?

Options
Currently I have Windows 7 but my office system will be updated to a Windows 10 operating system and I will be updating the Quicken version as well, but I certainly don't want to lose any data. Please give me your thoughts.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    If you are using Q2010 and satisfied with manual entry, then there is no reason to upgrade. Once you begin the subscription model, you will need to renew annually or face nagging renewal notices that do not go away short of compliance. Unless you utilize the online functions, it would be a waste of money, IMHO.
    You should be able to install Quicken with W10 without issue, provided you have the install disk.
  • janmmiles
    janmmiles Member
    Options
    I have Quicken 2010 Home & Business. And I'm sorry, I am having problems returning answers, I'm new to the community.
  • janmmiles
    janmmiles Member
    Options
    Also, my I.T. folks are upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I'm afraid that my new computer will probably not be able to load the old Quicken version on it.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @"janmmiles ,

Do a Manual Backup of your Quicken Data Files, before anything is done to the computer. Make sure that the Backup is located off of the computer.

Are you going to start downloading transactions into Quicken with the New Version or just manually entering the transactions?

If manually, then if the I.T. folks are not replacing the computer, don't Reformat and Install Windows 10, but simply download the MediaCreationTool1903 from Microsoft and keep all your files and programs, but not your Games.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?tduid=(4e6e5b5aaabf2cdcf40a873f29804e0d)(259740)(2542549)(UUwpUdUnU49825)(dwp)

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.