How do I transfer all of one accounts transactions from an old data file to my current data file

Options
How do I transfer all of one accounts transactions from an old data file to my current data file

Best Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello ronnixon44. Appreciate your question.

The best way to move the data from one account is to export the file to a QXF (Windows Transfer) file and then import it into your current data file.  This will more than likely cause some duplication, but then you can go back through and remove the accounts that you don't need and leave the account that you need.

I apologize in advance for the possible inconvenience that this may cause. If you need assistance with this, you are welcome to contact Quicken Phone Support Monday between 5am and 5pm Pacific Time and we will be happy to work with you with assistance of our screen share feature and help you get things organized..

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • ronnixon44
    ronnixon44 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This (the delete everything else and transfer) worked great! thanks so much for your help[.
    Ron Nixon

Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello ronnixon44. Appreciate your question.

The best way to move the data from one account is to export the file to a QXF (Windows Transfer) file and then import it into your current data file.  This will more than likely cause some duplication, but then you can go back through and remove the accounts that you don't need and leave the account that you need.

I apologize in advance for the possible inconvenience that this may cause. If you need assistance with this, you are welcome to contact Quicken Phone Support Monday between 5am and 5pm Pacific Time and we will be happy to work with you with assistance of our screen share feature and help you get things organized..

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, investment accounts can't be transferred using QXF.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Fiddlegirl
    Fiddlegirl Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Also, investment accounts can't be transferred using QXF.

How can these be transferred?
  • ronnixon44
    ronnixon44 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This (the delete everything else and transfer) worked great! thanks so much for your help[.
    Ron Nixon
This discussion has been closed.