Duplicate Accounts when updating stocks

Everytime I try to update my stock prices, I end up getting duplicate accounts and none of the accounts have the correct amounts. I end up restoring a backup and starting over. This has been going on for at least 3 weeks. Please advise.

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @LancairIV

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

When updating the stock quotes, are you running the One Step Update?  Or going to the Investing tab and selecting Update > Quotes?

If running the One Step Update, do you also sync to the Quicken Cloud?

If you aren't sure, please go to the Tools menu > One Step Update and is the box "Sync to Quicken Cloud" checked under the Online Services section?

If so, please create a back-up of your data file and then go back to the One Step Update Summary window and temporarily uncheck the box to sync with the cloud then select "Update Now".

Once the update has completed, do the accounts still duplicate?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • LancairIV
    LancairIV Member
    Still duplicating.
    I am not using the quicken cloud.
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe Year 2019 Version R19.44 Build 27.1.19.44
  • LancairIV
    LancairIV Member
    This is craziness. I have not been able to update anything online. I think I need to find a new Money program if this doesn't get corrected soon.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello LancairIV,

Sorry, to hear that you are still experiencing this trouble and have yet to find a solution.

Where is your Quicken file stored? Is it saved to a cloud drive such as Dropbox or a network drive possibly? This can cause strange behavior in the file such as what you are describing.

To find the file-
    File menu > Show this file on my computer
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-find-quicken-data-file-quicken-windows

Can you provide the full file path?

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • LancairIV
    LancairIV Member
    The file is located on my C Drive.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello LancairIV,

Thank you for providing that.

If you navigate to the Mobile & Web tab, do you see a 'Sync Now' option or a 'Get Started' option?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • LancairIV
    LancairIV Member
    No. This is the screen I get
  • LancairIV
    LancairIV Member
    I take that back. I do get the screen "Get Started"
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for verifying which option you see.

Can I ask that you go to File > Back up and restore and save a back up prior to the next step.

Next, go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts.

There will be an option to 'Sign in as a Different User' select this and type 'Yes' to sign out. Then sign back in.

After completing this step, please go back to the Mobile & Alerts sections and see if you still have a 'Get Started' icon or if this has changed.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • LancairIV
    LancairIV Member
    It is different. This is the screen that pops up.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for giving those steps a try.

Can you try clicking cancel on that message and go to the 'Mobile and Alerts' tab to see if there has been any change to the 'Get Started' message.

Does it say Sync now by any chance?

Thank you!

~~~***~~~
  • LancairIV
    LancairIV Member
    It went back to the get Started screen. I tried the one step update again, and I ended up with duplicate accounts and stocks again. It took several minutes to update. Before this started happening, it only took 20 seconds.

I had to restore the back-up file I just created
  • LancairIV
    LancairIV Member
    For what it's worth, this started happening after I could not log into my quicken file. It kept asking for a password and nothing would happen. I Signed in as a Different User by typing 'Yes' to sign out, then signed back in. That's when the duplicate accounts started.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @LancairIV

Thank you for that additional information.

I took the liberty of reviewing your account in our internal support system and can see that we do show accounts being synced to the Quicken Cloud, so there is definitely still an active connection with the sync server.

If you haven't already, please contact Quicken Support to troubleshoot this issue further.  Support has the ability to share your screen (view only, they cannot take over) to see what is happening in real time and help resolve the duplicate accounts.

Please let us know how it goes with Support, thank you.

Sarah
  • LancairIV
    LancairIV Member
    Ya. I won't be sharing my screen with anyone. Screen shots can be taken. Not going to happen. As for the quicken cloud, I have never sync'd to that. See attached.