Changed online account email address, can't sign in for my on computer file

I changed my Quicken online account email address. When I open my file on my computer, I am asked to sign in to my account, but the email address displayed is the old email address and it cannot be changed. If I enter the password, I get a message that I have to create a new account. If I enter the new email address and password, I get a message that the account already exists, start over.

How do I open and use my Quicken file?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a place that says sign in with a different Quicken ID.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • W.N.M
    W.N.M Member ✭✭
    The only option is create account; however, when you click on that there is an option to sign in, but it fills in the email address, and it cannot be changed.
  • W.N.M
    W.N.M Member ✭✭
    If I fill in the PW and click on Forgot ID, it sends an email to the new address containing the new email address as my ID. But there is no way to enter the new address. The old email address is always filled in and can't be changed.
  • W.N.M
    W.N.M Member ✭✭
    Thanks, UKR. The process did not flow straightforward from start to finish, but by working at it, I arrived at the goal.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    W.N.M said:
    Thanks, UKR. The process did not flow straightforward from start to finish, but by working at it, I arrived at the goal.
    Glad you got it working again.
    Nothing worse than ...
    :p
This discussion has been closed.