Quicken for Windows Version 19.55 - Display Issues

I called tech support on the display issue. To refresh, Quicken releases 19.44 - 19.55 opens in a tiny, unusable window. I have two 4K monitors on Windows 10. Tech support had me uninstall Quicken. They then had me download a tool to remove any vestiges of Quicken still on my system. They then had me reinstall release 19.55. This solved the problem, but only while I was on the phone with them. Quicken went back to its same old tiny window the next day.

Today, I tried editing the position fields in the QUSER.INI file. I even labeled it as read only. This had no impact.

I have resorted to using a maximized window out of utter desperation.

Best Answer

• THR
    THR Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have installed Release 20.15 and it seems to have solved the problem.

Answers

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have two Asus 32 inch 3840x2160 resolution monitors with Windows 10 Pro and Q2019 R19.55.  I have Quicken in a small window and I can see everything just fine.  I have the Windows scaling set to 175%.  I have attached a screenshot of the Quicken Preference setting for fonts.  This seems to work just fine.
  • THR
    THR Member ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your setup. I tried adjusting my register font settings, but no joy. Quicken will always open in a tiny window. My Windows scaling is set to 150%. I have even tried setting the scaling to 100%, but no joy. I have also tried every combination of compatibility settings to no avail. I have tried manually setting the window in the QUSER.INI file, but Quicken ignores it. Quicken just insists on opening in this tiny window that is absolutely useless.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @THR

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

The R20.15 update, just released to all Quicken for Windows 2019 Users should resolve Quicken opening in a small window, instead of the last viewed size.

If you haven't yet, please install the R20.15 update from the Help menu > Check for Updates or by downloading and installing the Mondo Patch found here.

If you haven't already updated to the R20.15 release, please let us know if you continue to experience issues with the window size when opening Quicken.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • THR
    THR Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have installed Release 20.15 and it seems to have solved the problem.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi THR

I'm glad to hear it and thank you so much for posting back with the update!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.