Invoice will not auto populate customer address

First, I have all the latest updates. Starting to work on new annual invoices and when I select a customer, it only shows the name, not the address in the "BILL TO" portion of the invoice. It is also adding a new customer to the customer list with a blank address.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure the customers are entered correctly in your Address Book? The Customer list Group box should be checked.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • DGHOA
    DGHOA Member
    Customer list and quickfill list are both checked. Also, it worked fine last year.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    What version of Quicken are you using?
  • DGHOA
    DGHOA Member
    2019 R20.15 build 27.1.20.15
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Does it fail to populate the BILL TO with any customer? Have you tried to restore a backup? Have you tried to Validate your data file? I just tried it on Quicken Subscription R20.15 and it worked fine. You could try uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken using QCleanUI.
  • DGHOA
    DGHOA Member
    It populates with the name only, none of the address information. I just validated the data file with no issues. I also just installed a new copy on my other computer thinking that may solve the issue. All of that and it still does not work correctly.
  • DGHOA
    DGHOA Member
    Interesting....I just put a new contact in and selected that contact and it put the address in, but it still will not put the address of one of the old contacts.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    You can export your addresses and then import them. Please make a backup first.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this checked?
    1. Choose Edit menu > Preferences > Register.
    2. In the left navigation pane, click QuickFill.
    3. Select the Add Address Book QuickFill items to Memorized Payee List check box.

• DGHOA
    DGHOA Member
    I tried the export and import. Still did not work. I also verified #3 above.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DGHOA

Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

I attempted to replicate this behavior in my personal data file, but unfortunately could not which does indicate this issue is directly related to the address book list details in the data file.

If you haven't already, I would recommend running a Validate & Repair on the data file.  Go to the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the window that opens, check the "validate file" box and click OK.  When the validation has completed a data log will open in Notepad detailing what, if any, errors or problems were found.

What does that data log say?  

When ready, please then close and re-open Quicken and create the invoice once more, does the address information auto-fill correctly?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • DGHOA
    DGHOA Member
    Sarah, I tried that before and just tried again. It did not have any errors. I have deleted all the address and put them in again. I had to get the annual bills out to the home owners. It appears to be working correctly now, hopefully it will next year also. Thanks
  • plborker
    plborker Member
    I was having the same problem. SOLUTION: Make sure your Company name (PAYEE) does not have unnecessary spaces at the end. Delete them, and it will work.
This discussion has been closed.