Edit the Split Transaction fields for multiple transactions at the same time

I'm cleaning up some data and have a single payee with a split transaction that occurs month after month. I'd like to make the split the same for multiple transactions. Is this possible?

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this about changing the category in a Split detail line?
    Or are you trying to change something else.
    The Find/Replace function in the Edit menu or the Tools / Recategorize dialog may be able to change many things, but they may not be able to help with your specific issue.
    Give us some more details on what you're trying to do and maybe one of the regular contributors to the Community might have an idea ...
  • Steve28@
    Steve28@ Member
    I had a dozen transactions for 'insurance' that were allocated to a single 'insurance' category. I wanted to split the transaction to 'insurance:auto' and 'insurance:home'. I know how to do that a transaction at a time, but since most of the transactions are the same dollar value, I had hoped to split the transaction once, and then copy the split to the other transactions.
    For future transactions, I memorized the payee (with the splits) and created a auto-reminder, so I think I'm covered for the future.
    For the existing transactions I think I can either:
    1. Make all the changes manually.
    2. Delete the transactions, then manually split the first transaction, and then duplicate the first transaction.

Any other suggestions?
    thanks!
  • Steve28@
    Steve28@ Member
    that makes sense, kind of a variation on option 2. Good suggestion about backing up first!
This discussion has been closed.