Am I doing something wrong creating a new file by importing MS Money Sunset?

I get this error message: "Is this existing transaction in account cash the same transaction as the transfer you just entered?" I've tried creating a new file 3x's now and keep getting that error message. On top of that, only two out of elevan accounts import correctly. I thought file conversion from MS Money Sunset would be seamless, I was wrong. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct import MSM data? I've also tried to import individual accounts and ended up with the same error message.
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version, release and edition level of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken. For example: Quicken Starter Edition 2019
    Did you, at least once open the Money file using MS Money Sunset? The Money file must have been processed at least once by MS Money Sunset.
    While running the file conversion in Quicken, MS Money itself must not be running.
    Using MS Money try and find the transaction in question and see if something's wrong with it, e.g., a transfer to a non-existent account.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably should do some homework on the forum -
    and do a Search for all the previous topics on -
    --->>  MS Money Sunset Converting to Quicken -
    to get an idea of what worked, what didn't, and other useful tidbits -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jeff144
    Jeff144 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have Quicken 2017 home and business and MSM Sunset.
    Part of what I don't understand is "the transfer you just entered" since it is refering to an entry many years ago. I did not "just enter" anything.

Also, the imported account balances are incorrect. IE savings, credit card, checking, .
  • Jeff144
    Jeff144 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Got an email response from a member (intouchwithreality) and the information they gave me was right on. I have now successfully imported all data to Q17 from MSMSunset.
    Another inquiry: Is there anything I need to watch out for? Initial perusing showed me everything is correct. I will need to generate all my reports again, but that's not a problem. Other than getting used to the interface, should I be aware of anything that your experience has taught you?
This discussion has been closed.