Quicken was not able to read the contents of your QDF file.

Quicken on mac could not import windows qdf file (Quicken subscription version so latest versions). I mainly use a mac at home so would like to run quicken on my mac. Upon trying to open the windows qdf file I get the above error. Any thoughts please?

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @michaeljwillis

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, I would recommend reviewing the information and steps available here, and attempting to re-convert and import the Quicken for Windows file in the Quicken for Mac version.

Please let us know how it goes and if the error message persists.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • michaeljwillis
    michaeljwillis Member ✭✭
    Thank you Sarah. I did the validation on the Windows file (an extraordinary number of issues btw) but I was still unable to read the qdf file. It is 238MB by the way. I do not use bill pay through quicken.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hi @michaeljwillis

Thank you for posting back with the update, although I apologize that the file is still unable to be read.

May I ask, the issues that were noted in the validation log, were they in relation to investment transactions, bill payments, categories, a combination of all or were they different issues altogether?

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.