Budgeted versus actual dividends and interest income. using Quicken for Mac 2017

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Budgeted versus actual dividends and interest income. I can budget amounts for dividends and interest income, but the actuals do not come through, at least the from the entries in transactions that I enter for shares in my brokerage account. I've checked with on-line support and this appears to be a glitch that needs to be fixed?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It isn't so much a glitch but something that isn't supported at this time. Investment accounts aren't included in the budget, nor are transfers. So those who need to budget income from investment accounts (often retirees) cannot do so.

There has been a strong push to fill this gap.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Thanks John.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that it wouldn't be included in this product, as many retirees like me rely on dividend and interest income and it would be great to have it shown in budget accounts.  I switched from the Windows version recently and it (and many other things) was included in that product.  I guess I'll 'stay tuned'.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    How silly not to include dividend cash flows in the budgets. This could be such an easy fix too!  Trying to get my wife dialed in on this and I look like a spend thrift digging a hole.
  • MikeChicagoIL
    MikeChicagoIL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Both budgeted and actual Dividend Income show up in Budget Report. But Interest Income still does not. It may have something to do with the fact that there is an "Interest EARNINGS" category in the budget, but there is not "Interest INCOME" category available to be added to the budget. However, actual interest earned in an INVESTMENT account can only be entered as Interest INCOME and so the actual never flows into the Budget report. This is a major deficiency.
This discussion has been closed.