Bond sale transaction not recording correctly

Quicken 2017 is not recording the commission on a bond sale.

I enter the transaction with the commission in that field, but Quicken does not record the amount that I input. The commission field is blank. This is causing the cash part of the transaction to be off by that amount.

When I tried to download the transaction - Quicken changed it completely, so that was of no use.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• mmsfct
    mmsfct Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I cannot let it pass - Love the handle... I used to watch when I was pretty young.

When I downloaded the transaction all that came through was the commission. Labeled as accrued interest.

Oddly, I was able to fix the transaction by: putting accrued interest in the memo field (mirrored an old transaction) that did the trick.

Makes absolutely no sense. Thank you

Quicken - this was stupid.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    mmsfct said:
    Quicken 2017 is not recording the commission on a bond sale.

I enter the transaction with the commission in that field, but Quicken does not record the amount that I input. The commission field is blank. This is causing the cash part of the transaction to be off by that amount.
    I can't reproduce this in QW2019. The commission appears correctly for me. Maybe this was a bug in QW2017, I don't remember. You could always enter a MiscExp transaction for the amount of the commission if all else fails.
    When I tried to download the transaction - Quicken changed it completely, so that was of no use.
    I don't understand. What does "changed it completely" mean? Please be specific.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• mmsfct
    mmsfct Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I cannot let it pass - Love the handle... I used to watch when I was pretty young.

When I downloaded the transaction all that came through was the commission. Labeled as accrued interest.

Oddly, I was able to fix the transaction by: putting accrued interest in the memo field (mirrored an old transaction) that did the trick.

Makes absolutely no sense. Thank you

Quicken - this was stupid.
This discussion has been closed.