Unable to Create Invoice

Options
I'm attempting to create my first invoice. I enter a number for Quantity and Rate. As I tab to the next field the Quantity goes blank and of course nothing populates the Amount field. What is the fix?

Best Answer

• morn2012
    morn2012 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It looks like my problem is resolved. I added the exact same information to line two of the invoice and the quantity and rate extended to a line total and the invoice total and tax came out correctly. I created my second invoice and line 1 of that invoice did what it is supposed to do. Something seems to be interfering behind the scene with just line 1 of the that first invoice.....bizarre!?

All seems well at this point. Thanks folks for your suggestions!

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you created any Invoice Items?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • morn2012
    morn2012 Member
    Options
    I did and I still have the problem. The occurs with or without items.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't reproduce your problem. If I enter the Quantity and Rate, the Amount is calculated correctly. What Release of Quicken are you using? What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Drive? I'm using Quicken Subscription HB&RP Release R21.16.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have created line item descriptions for the items or services you sell, the description must not be marked "Subtotal of preceding items" unless, i.e., you really need to create a "Subtotal" line in your invoice, as the example below shows

Are you new to Quicken for Windows?

Welcome.
    Please read this for more information, some videos and a list of resources to help familiarize yourself with Quicken:
    https://www.quicken.com/quicken-tips
    https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-2018-windows

Quicken Help! (Quicken for Windows)

If you're unsure on how to do something, you can find more information about a specific task, function, feature or report in Quicken Help.
    To access Quicken Help simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken (or click Help in the Menu bar, then click Quicken Help).
    Use the Contents tab to see the available books in Quicken Help. Click on one of the books to open it. Click on a chapter to drill down to more details.
    Or use the Search tab to search using keywords, e.g., "buy security".
    Some Quicken view screens may have a blue (or yellow) button with a question mark. Click it to get view - specific help.

• morn2012
    morn2012 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It looks like my problem is resolved. I added the exact same information to line two of the invoice and the quantity and rate extended to a line total and the invoice total and tax came out correctly. I created my second invoice and line 1 of that invoice did what it is supposed to do. Something seems to be interfering behind the scene with just line 1 of the that first invoice.....bizarre!?

All seems well at this point. Thanks folks for your suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.