Download of .QFX file no longer accepted

I am getting "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later" every time I try to download a .QFX file from my bank's website to reconcile. This has always worked just fine until about 3 weeks ago. Also added my bank to Online Center and my accounts were found and linked but when I go to update doing it that way, I get "Your password seems to be incorrect..." but I can log in so I chose the option to update it and it still doesn't work even though I can use the same password in a web browser. My bank also requires a challenge question answer so maybe that's the problem doing it that way. I would be happy just downloading it via .QFX file again if I could get Quicken to stop rejecting it. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• wires001
    wires001 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well this is bizarre but I got it to work by linking to First Tennessee Bank with my same username and password and it worked. Capital Bank US and First Tennessee Bank merged a year or two ago and I somehow had a feeling that my Capital Bank US credentials might work with First Tennessee Bank and they do!

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the name of your bank?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • wires001
    wires001 Member ✭✭
    Capital Bank US
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like Capital Bank US only supports Direct Connect for transactions downloads.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • wires001
    wires001 Member ✭✭
    It worked for past couple years until about 3 weeks ago. Direct Connect keeps saying password incorrect even though I changed it to current password in Quicken. Could challenge phrase be the problem?
  • wires001
    wires001 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well this is bizarre but I got it to work by linking to First Tennessee Bank with my same username and password and it worked. Capital Bank US and First Tennessee Bank merged a year or two ago and I somehow had a feeling that my Capital Bank US credentials might work with First Tennessee Bank and they do!
This discussion has been closed.