TD Mutual Funds not listed

Jim15
Jim15 Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Investing (Windows)
About 3 months ago TD changed some mutual funds. I can not find the new ones in the lookup feature in Quicken Canada. For example TDB972 is shown in the list but TDB3089 is not shown. TD re classified some of my funds and I can't add the new ones into my portfolio. Anyone else having similar issues?
Tagged:

Comments

• jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What happened with the original fund (TDB972)? Did they just change the ticker or was there an exchange? If no exchange, I would just modify the ticker for the old/new fund and proceed with transactions that way.

Recommend backing up the file first to ensure you like the outcome.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • Jim15
    Jim15 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. The original fund still exists but the brokerage did an exchange. the new fund TDB3088 doesn't come up when i search. Unfortunately it is a different number of units and price. When the exchange happened total market value stayed the same but the new fund will have different performance so I can't just leave the old symbol.

This just happened in June so maybe quicken has to update a fund listing or something. Not sure the brokerage will help because they aren't responsible for Quicken.
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so at a minimum you are going to need to complete a transaction to sync up the "acquisition" or exchange. They probably provided you with some documentation on that.

I would not worry about the symbol being in Q for lookup, I would force the ticker into the new mutual fund security you need to create and see if it downloads prices as a test.
    Quicken user since 1994.
  • Jim15
    Jim15 Member ✭✭
    Thanks.

I will try that at home tonight. I will manually add a temporary purchase with the new mutual:xxx ticker and give it a day to see if it actually does an update
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Just adding the security and retrieving quotes should do it without the purchase. Just check the security details price history after the update.
    Quicken user since 1994.
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    And I'm guessing you are going to have to migrate as well to the new fund, and at a minimum manually price it before it goes too long and gets really out of sync. Assuming you are transacting against it regularly.
    Quicken user since 1994.
  • Jim15
    Jim15 Member ✭✭
    I did do a "test" purchase of the new fund and tried to do a update historical price and nothing. Not even an error message. Even a standard update does nothing. I know the mutual funds only update hours after market close so I will test again and see what happens. Maybe I will choose an earlier date for the test purchase. I will give it a day and see what happens.
    Thanks
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since 1994.
  • Jim15
    Jim15 Member ✭✭
    Yes I see those. Definitely can't find in symbol lookup but when i manually enter it still won't do an update. Oddly enough I just tried on a different PC with quicken and the TDB3088 did an update and showed price as of 8/28 but TDB3089 didn't. Something lurking in the background on one of my machines. I may pull a backup from a month ago and try it on that file. I may have to do a few entries to catch up but like you said I likely have to sell the old fund and buy the new fund and tweak so that market value matches on the transaction date. Thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.