Standard reports in Reports and Graphs shows different results on same data

Options
I use Windows 7 Pro. I am trying to file my 2018 extension (I have another month). I inherited stock from a deceased parent. I tried to compare results of one std report for only 2018 'Investment Transactions' and 'Tax Summary'. The results almost agreed.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What doesn't agree?  Focus on that and you should be able to tease out the difference.  A little bit of customization difference or you forgetting to assign some Category a tax attribute probably explains what you're seeing.  Doing the reports on an Account-by-Account basis could also help pop out exactly where the difference originates.
    I've never - not even once - run an "Investment Transactions" report subtotaled by Category, (I assume that's what you did), as I typically rely on other reports for tax-associated information, but I tried it with one Account and the two reports agreed.  I'd expect yours will too, with a little research.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What doesn't agree?  Focus on that and you should be able to tease out the difference.  A little bit of customization difference or you forgetting to assign some Category a tax attribute probably explains what you're seeing.  Doing the reports on an Account-by-Account basis could also help pop out exactly where the difference originates.
    I've never - not even once - run an "Investment Transactions" report subtotaled by Category, (I assume that's what you did), as I typically rely on other reports for tax-associated information, but I tried it with one Account and the two reports agreed.  I'd expect yours will too, with a little research.
This discussion has been closed.