American Express Transaction Categories Issue

I have an issue with categories on downloaded transactions from American Express recently. I've been through the process of deactivating and reactivating the service since recent issues, and transactions download. However, now, after downloading, if I try to update the category of a downloaded transaction, ALL transactions (about 9 years worth) for the account have their categories changed to a split of categories, ruining the whole file. To get rid of it, I have to restore from backup.

I did notice that categorizing by clicking did not seem to do this, but typing the category triggered the problem. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. This is with the subscription Windows version of quicken. I have not noticed this bug on other accounts.

Best Answer

Answers

• jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I just attempted to replicate this with a downloaded transaction but it looked successful with no issue. I had an account reset recently when Amex made changes, but not a full deactivation/reactivation. Is this behavior repeating or can it be replicated? Then I would suggest opening a case with Quicken Support.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • mbwdev
    mbwdev Member
    With my quicken backup, it happens every time after the restore fixes it. I have one more idea to try, deactivating the old account and making a new one (which means some transactions may be duplicate between them based on how much downloads in the new account, but this is likely far less than 9 years of corrupted transactions, I'll deal with that). If that fails I'll open with support.
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Did you complete a Validate/Repair action?
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • mbwdev
    mbwdev Member
    No, is this an option in Quicken?
This discussion has been closed.