Lowest Balance Forecast grossly wrong

Options
I'm running Quicken for Windows R21.17.

On the Bills and Reminder window the Lowest Balance Forecast is showing like -192,827.

I've got the window set to show 30 days of reminders. I've checked the reminders and they are all current monthly amounts. Everything I could possible owe doesn't come to that amount.

I can't see how to get this to show a valid amount for my lowest balance forecast.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Wes Brockway

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Lowest Balance Forecast amount should include today's current balance minus the next 30 days of upcoming bill reminders plus any scheduled income reminders.

If you haven't, please go to the Bills & Income tab and select "Projected Balances".

If needed, adjust the account and date range selection drop-down menus to mirror the Bills and Reminder window and the last closing balance listed should match the Lowest Projected Balance amount as seen below.

If there is still a discrepancy, is the amount shown in the Projected Balances view, less or more than the amount shown in the Lowest Balance Forecast?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Wes Brockway
    Wes Brockway Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've checked the things you recommended. The program still shows an extremely wrong amount. I've included a snip of my projected balances.

If I select just one account, say a single credit card, the program shows a closing balance of 0.00. However, if I select Checking or Multiple Accounts the program shows a closing balance of negative 190,469.32.

It makes no sense where that number is coming from as a complete total of my all my bills and what I owe on my house do not equal that number much less within a 30 day period.
  • Wes Brockway
    Wes Brockway Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Another snip showing my selection criteria.
This discussion has been closed.