Quicken Crashes When Adding Scanned attachment

When attempting to add a scanned item to a transaction from my scanner Quicken crashes (no error messages just silently crashes) I do also see errors in the Windows event log pertaining to the Quicken App Crash.

Scan source: HP OfficeJet 5200 TWAIN 2.1 (32-32)
Quicken Version: 2019 R21.17
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• sdunnin
    sdunnin Member ✭✭
    It's not a data file issue. The data file checks out, at least as far as the file copy test in your Troubleshooting link. Just tried again and got a software crash report pop-up. This is a software bug.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked that you have the latest driver from HP?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • sdunnin
    sdunnin Member ✭✭
    HP Software is the latest as far as I can tell. Scanning and saving directly from the HP scan application has no problems.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sdunnin

Thank you for that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you are still experiencing this "silent crash" when scanning and adding attachments in Quicken, please contact Quicken Support for assistance.

Support has the ability to share your computer screen (view only, they cannot take control) to see what is happening and help troubleshoot in real time.

Please let us know how it goes with Support, thank you.

Sarah
  • sdunnin
    sdunnin Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback Sarah. I have a couple of workarounds that are sufficient for me now. It's not worth the time or effort to sit on the phone in order to contact support and then re-explain the error.
This discussion has been closed.