Best way to record Mortgage Payments in QMac 2019?

Options
Hey gang-

Quicken Mac user since the 90s. Made the plunge this week from Quicken Mac 2007 to Quicken Mac Premier 2019. All in all it's gone well.

But I am stumped as to how to record a Mortgage payment. QMac 2019 remembers my Quickfill split transaction from QMac 2007 which is great. But when I enter it in my Checking Register, it is not credited in my Mortgage Payment schedule. In fact, what it does as shows the entire thing as an Extra Principal payment.

I checked the Categories in the split transaction and they appear correct for Mortage Interest, [Mortgage] principal, property tax, and insurance.

Is there a better way to initiate a Mortgage payment- perhaps from the Mortgage pane itself?

This was so simple in QMac 2007 I'm sure I'm just looking at it backward or something LOL!

Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• Dave461
    Dave461 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyka-

OMG thank you! That did it!

Actually there was one additional glitch, but a close reading of your reply fixed that as well. I set up the Detailed Reminder as you said. It seemed to work perfectly, except that it was crediting my Interest payment as Extra Principal on my Payment Schedule.

So I looked again closely at your reply and saw that your split sends Interest Payments to Loans:Loan Interest. I had set mine up to use the same category I had used for years in Quicken Mac 2007 i.e. Mortage Interest.

But just for grins, I changed the split in Loan and Payment Terms to send Interest to Loans:Loan Interest and that fixed it!

Even nicer is that Quicken recognized the matching downloaded transaction in my checking account and applied it to my Mortgage.

Thanks again so much!

Dave
This discussion has been closed.