How can I insert my cursor in the middle of a word/name/amount?

Options
I think that until recently I could place my cursor inside an item to edit it. Now I can only select the whole item and use my arrow key to move cursor to where I want to make change.

Best Answer

• drogut
    drogut Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I went back and opened an old backup file using Quicken 2016. Clicking worked for selecting inside words. I closed 2016 and opened 2019 and clicking started to work again in 2019. 🤷‍♂️

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In most text fields, a second mouse click will de-select the field and leave you with a blinking insertion point. In some fields, it takes 3 clicks. I often resort to the arrow keys as well when I have trouble convincing Quicken where I want the insertion point. I strongly doubt anything related to this has changed recently.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• drogut
    drogut Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've used an extra click or two before but now no amount of clicking has any effect.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version of Quicken do you have? Look in the Help menu for About Quicken.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• drogut
    drogut Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I went back and opened an old backup file using Quicken 2016. Clicking worked for selecting inside words. I closed 2016 and opened 2019 and clicking started to work again in 2019. 🤷‍♂️
  • drogut
    drogut Member ✭✭
    Options
    Year 2019, Version R22.12, Build 27.1.22.12.

Click insert is still working normally.
This discussion has been closed.