Importing Investment Transactions

Lanka
Lanka Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Recently I had a problem with an investment account not downloading new transactions. These are the steps I did to work around the issue.
1. Exported data from investment account with a problem as a qif file. Account wouldn't download new transactions.
2. Disconnected online services for both investment accounts with same service.
3. Added new account to file. Did this manually without online setup.
4. Imported investment data to new account. Used online community information to edit qif file to match.
5. Deleted extra entries from linked bank account. Had no check number so easy to spot.
6. Deleted bad account from file.
7. Did edit and replace to edit item now linked to [unspecified account] to name of [new account].
8. Setup online access to both accounts using same service. Download transactions and edited and accepted transactions.

I use Quicken for Windows 2017.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Lanka
    Lanka Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    It is just Valic for downloads. Yes it works that way and has for quite some time. I just had this one account that was acting up for some reason. I don't know what caused the problem but this seemed to be the only fix that worked. I just thought these steps might help someone else in the future.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What investment or banking company ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Lanka
    Lanka Member ✭✭
    The investment was with AIG Valic. They have both my IRA and Deferred Comp account. The Deferred Comp account was the problem. I hadn't downloaded transactions from that account since 2026 when I retired. Had to do RMD from that account which created a new transactions to download.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Interesting...  I don't see  - AIG Valic - listed as a Quicken downloading institution

OH - guess it is just - VALIC - should be working with Direct Connect -
    09880    09880    09880    VALIC    http://www.valic.com    1-800-448-2542    http://www.valic.com   
    ACTIVE    ACCOUNTINFO,INVESTMENT,401K&DIRECT                 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Lanka
    Lanka Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    It is just Valic for downloads. Yes it works that way and has for quite some time. I just had this one account that was acting up for some reason. I don't know what caused the problem but this seemed to be the only fix that worked. I just thought these steps might help someone else in the future.
This discussion has been closed.