Business Tax line Item

Quicken will not allow to change the tax line item, all are 'unspecified business expense'.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How or where are you trying to change it?  This way?

To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• gchauvin2
    gchauvin2 Member ✭✭
    Tried that way but in my register it will not change
  • gchauvin2
    gchauvin2 Member ✭✭
    in the category list tab it has the correct tax line item description but in the register it is incorrect
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the register shows the tax line.  Do you need to change the category on the transaction?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• gchauvin2
    gchauvin2 Member ✭✭
    YEs can have column for Tax Line item, tried changing the category so that it can be tax line item will be 'gross receipts and sales' but quicken will not replace the ;unspecified business expense line item
  • gchauvin2
    gchauvin2 Member ✭✭
    Still having issues with being able to switch a business tax line item from 'Unspecified Business expense' to 'Gross Sales and Receipts'. In the category list tab it is correct but in my business checking account it automatically records wrong. Also in my business account I have it as my spouses account which is correct but in the Tax Center it records in 'self.
This discussion has been closed.